Sunday, May 20, 2012

What's Happening at the Garden

This is Anthony for the garden update. I had a neighbor ask me earlier this week: "what's happening at the garden?" It's a good question, because we have not had too many activities lately.

The good news: We have a LOT to do.



As we always say, we turn vacant lots into a lot of fun. PGP turns an empty lot into a growing lot. Basically, we have a lot of fun. This year is no different.

We plan to lay out three large garden beds this year. The rear bed has strawberries already growing, artichokes, spinach, and horseradish. The middle bed has broccoli and kale. I am in the process of extending this bed now. It will have tomatoes, zucchini, and flowers. Finally, the front bed. I have not even begun to plow this yet, so any help would be much appreciated. Please let me know if you are interested. I have some peppers that would go well here, but there is a lot of space to fill, so also let me know if you want to see any other plants.


In short, that is what is going on at the garden this month. Hopefully we will have some fun activities before too long. We really hope that you get a chance to stop by and see how it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment